Moompetam -We would like to get a "Matching Fund" of $7,500
6 Hour Canoe Program -For $500 we can build a canoe out of plywood for our "kids at risk program. Become a sponsor!!!
Water Craft- we need $10,000 to launch our "Plank Canoe Programs" or donate one plank of red wood
at a time and that plank will be dedicated to you or someone of your choice. For $5000, we can build one 21' canoe that will
hold 3 to 4 paddlers. "One Plank at a Time" is so that you or members of your family or friends or whoever is interested
in lending a hand to build a future. We wish to have a Boat House to place all our Indigenous Water Craft. In this House your
name would be on a plank in a prominent place along with others for all to see your contribution, for now we have to
make that a virtual house here on this website, but you can help us make it a really.
our Languages by giving generously, we are continually searching for "lost words", we need funding
to advertise on a continuous basis in news papers for people to look in there basements, attics and storage units to look
for these "field notes"- research papers that JPHarrington might have left. A wide search is needed because JPH
worked on 135 languages all over California and Southwest, he was known for leaving massive amounts of work behind in storage.
The Smithsonian can verify that boxes of his information have been found everywhere, even in chicken coops. For materials
& expenses : paper, flash card, DVD'S, CD'S, lesson materials, ink, gasoline for cultural educator, for our students who
need transportation to get to class.
need to pay our Mentor, who has generously given her time over the last 8 years for free. Currently our Mentor
only has time for 1 to 2 hours a month, we despartly need whole day sections. So please help us learn our language with this
Carts - We could use several golf carts for our camp site, giving tours, taking the elders back and forth,
transporting materials back and forth.
Ink -for printer spending approximately $100 a month
Office -Need about
$500 a month for internet/phone/stamps/paper etc.
Gasoline -$100 a
month....help!!! example: Julia travels round trip about 200 miles to teach, lecture and go seminars. Any
donations will help!!
Food -We try to feed all our volunteers and many times we can't afford to.
Keepers of Indigenous Ways –Tongva Village Shwaanga/Harbor
Total Emersion School - Tongva Village Shwaanga
Title 7 for the Kids – Having to learn about the Mission Indians
3. Elder Gatherings
4. Story Telling Conferences/Retreats
5. Summer Camp for “Local & Inner City Kids”
6. Spiritual Leader Retreats
7. “Walking the Red Road Programs”-
Rites of Passage
Tongva Sweat Lodges - male/female
11.Races & Games (Peon)
12.Native American Weddings
13.Retreat for NA Veterans/suicide
14.Wellness Seminars from NA perspective
15.Water Way Projects: Tule boats & Ti’ats (plank canoes)
Keepers of Indigenous Ways -Wish List
Museum ( We have permission
from the South West Museum to use Artifacts), Gift Shop, Class Rooms, Assembly room,
Fund Raising Equipment- Laser Printer,
button makers, silkscreen equipment etc.
Guards – paid ? Room & board?
Bathrooms need to fixed & expanded,
more showers with privacy & bathrooms
Own some of the Condos on the corner
of Vermont & Anaheim
Electric gulf carts (2) with the
2 electric gulf carts , tour types
with 12 sit capacity
Truck, insurance, maintenace
Solar panels on the bathrooms
Tarps for the Lodges
Tents, chairs , camping equipment
6 Ti’ats, with paddles and all equipment necessary
of Indigenous Ways Language Programs Wish List
1. Computers to communicate with each other Visually with the Teacher, need to identify key locations/homes.
Hadicap etc. (#??)
2. Laptop computer
3. New Video camera & equipment
4. New Digital Camera & equipment
5. Upgrade on programs: Photo shop, Illustrator etc.
6. Sound Recording Equipment
9. Travel funds for students and teachers
12. Office supplies
13. Office maintenance (electric work need to be done)
14. Office manager
15. Accountant Fees
18.Students- to be paid to learn (our core group)
19. Video Tape all the lessons
20. Record all lesson for ipod
21. Flash Cards
22. Computer programs such as Rosetta Stone, Acorn etc.
which can develop
24. Lesson Books
25. Coloring Books in our Language
26. Stories in our Language
27. JPHarrington Project- we need an Army for coding
28. Panorama Programs- Data Base for
29.Total Emersion School- Tongva Village
30. Chalk boards
31. Finding more words project: Radio,TV, Newspapers. Documentaries
32. Maps-We need to find all the Villages,
R&D, triple checks
33. Name all the plants
34. Name all the animals
35. Wax Recordings
36. Buy all the Micro flim
37. Total Audio Visual studio with all the extras!!
38. Materials to make all the visual aids for students to learn.
39. R&D research all the possible ways to teach our
students & ourselves
40. Breath of Life in Berkeley, pay for room & board for 12 students
41. Language is Life pay for room & board for 6 students
42. Money for attending all pertinent